Bromley Council Dealing With The Issues Of Noisy Neighbours

If you have a noisy or disruptive neighbour it can have a huge impact on your life. It can make you dread going home or lead to aggravation between you and the other party. Bromley Council works with local people to deal with excessive noise, and they have recently prosecuted two residents whose neighbours had complained about loud noise.

The two cases involved a resident of Beckenham and someone who lived in Orpington. Both of the defendants were successfully prosecuted and received a substantial fine; they also have to pay costs and a victim surcharge. Bromley Council was also able to seize audio equipment from the properties, which will be disposed of by making a charitable donation.

How to deal with nuisance neighbours

If you have a problem with people in neighbouring properties, Bromley Council can provide help and advice. They receive around 3,000 cases of excessive noise nuisance per year. The Bromley Council website provides help and information on reporting issues, or residents can call 0300 303 8657.

Section 79 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 gives a duty to the council to investigate noise complaints thoroughly. Section 80 of the same act means that anyone who fails to meet noise abatement notice requirements will be committing an offence that can result in a fine of as much as £5,000.

Have you had an issue with noisy neighbours? How was it dealt with? Do you think more can be done to protect vulnerable residents?

About Author :


Latest News

Related News is a social network for Beckenham locals, Beckenham businesses and absolutely anyone that wants to join. We love Beckenham and everything in it. We are really proud of what we have created and will continue to build on it for the future.
170 finchley road
nw3 6bp
United Kingdom