Urgent appeal from Mayor of London
“Foodbanks in up to seven London boroughs are reporting critical shortages of food. Some have been forced to close because of a shortage of supplies and people to run them. This is urgent!
You can donate online directly to your nearest foodbank or through one of these organisations (local food banks are listed further down):
- Independent Food Aid Network – The UK network for independent food aid providers. They support and connect a range of independent frontline food aid organisations while advocating on their behalf at a national level.
- Trussell Trust – Trussell Trust supports a network of food banks to provide emergency food and support to people locked in poverty, and campaigns for change to end the need for food banks in the UK.
As we all rally together to fight back against this virus, please consider supporting your local foodbank. This is one of the most effective and safest ways to help others in our community.”
Local Food Banks
- Supermarkets – Waitrose and Sainsburys both have food bank collection baskets at the back of their check-outs.
- Living Well – located at Trinity Church on Leonard Rd in Penge
- Bromley Borough Food bank – has centres in Bromley Town Centre and Anerley
- Food Plus Bromley – run by Citygate Church in Beckenham