Welcome to Harris Girls' Academy Bromley. We are a thriving, culturally diverse and academically successful school for girls aged 11-16, with a mixed sixth form for students aged 16-19. Our specialisms are Science and Enterprise.
At Harris Girls' Academy Bromley we aim to ensure that every student is inspired and supported to achieve her personal best in a creative and enterprising culture where learning comes first.
We are an Academy for girls which:
- Combines the traditional values of courtesy, consideration and cooperation with smart uniform and the best of modern teaching methods and technology;
- Aims to make learning challenging, engaging and relevant so that our students become independent, happy and active in their learning;
- Involves students in leadership and partnership across the Academy so that they can become confident and entrepreneurial young women who recognise that anything is possible when they endeavour to achieve;
- Provides strong and personalised pastoral care through a faculty structure that creates a strong sense of belonging and harmony;
- Works in partnership with parents and involves them fully in their child’s education and in the wider life of the Academy.
Through the development of our learning ethos of CORE, we encourage the girls to become Committed, Optimistic, Resourceful and Enterprising.
We believe that every girl can and should achieve their full potential and our commitment is one of ensuring our students develop a love of learning, a passion for enquiry and enterprise and a dedication to being the best that they can be.
Mr David Astin